2/07/2011

St. Jerome's Laneway Fest in SG was rad!

It has started off a bit innocent. Light rain. We took rain ponchos distributed by the staff. Just in case. As it showed later on we needed to use them too many times... Ended up getting second round of ponchos. Heh, but I won't be writing about weather here, cause the MUSIC was the most important.

We missed the first gig by Warpaint unfortunatelly. When we entered Fort Canning Park in Singapore Ladyhawke was playing. She was really good and I can't understand why they put her so early in the line up. Followed by much less energetic Beach House. People were gently rocking to Beach House's tracks such as Norway and Zebra.


Yea, that's a picture of Beach House's vocalist, Victoria Legrand.
Actually I wasn't able to take pictures of all the artists as it was raining almost all the time! Including some seriously heavy rain that got us all wet and even rain ponchos didn't help...

The gigs I liked the most was !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Yeasayer and Foals. !!!'s vocalist, Nic Offer, jumped on stage wearing shorts and t-shirt saying "I ♥ Singapore" looking like a backpacker and started dancing like crazy. There was so much energy in there and I loved it!
Yeasayer was just brilliant. Crowd got carried away to their music.


Now biggest surprise for me - Foals were better than Temper Trap! Listen to their song - Balloons. Foals were the best on Laneway SG and the pouring rain added more power to their songs. It was epic.


To summarize my post, Laneway Festival is awesome and I will go again if I have a chance. Next time hopefully in Melbourne!
Below mud slide picture :D


No comments:

Post a Comment